Marketing Tips: Content Strategy & Creation
By Farah Bunni, posted on Wednesday May 19, 2021
We live in a world today where consumers are making more informed purchase decisions due to the instantaneous access to information digitally. This makes it crucial for businesses to have a content strategy to remain engaged with their target audience and differentiate their offering from competition. Consumers are looking for brands that make a difference.
Very often, developing content stays in the back burner due to the constant shift in priorities that marketing managers and business owners face daily.
Here are some tips to help ensure content stays top of mind in your organization:
- Have an overall content strategy – start by setting goals and mission of content strategy through asking: Why you are creating content? Who are you helping? And how you will help them in a way no one else can?
- Communicate your business content strategy to your internal team, your team buy-in is important. It will encourage your team to contribute to content as well as proliferate the sharing of content to your external audience.
- Develop content plan – What content to develop? Who is responsible for developing content? What timelines will content follow for publication? And make sure to document the plan.
- Ask for help! Partner with content marketing agency to fill those tactical gaps for you as you focus on your overall business priorities.
- Determine what channels/platforms to use to communicate your content? Re-purpose developed content to fit with different platforms.
- Monitor progress and fine-tune strategy periodically to make sure your content strategy always stays on point.
For more information or to book a free consultation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org